Trevor decided to make crepes for dinner the other day. Which I fully supported! I can't remember where I got this recipe from but it's the one I have always used and it's super easy.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter melted (but not hot)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Take milk and eggs out of the fridge ahead of time so they can warm up to room temperature.
- Sift flour and salt together.
- Beat eggs lightly. Add milk, water & butter.
- Add the flour to the wet ingredients. Blend for a few seconds, scrape down sides and blend for 20-30 seconds.
- Heat a crepe pan (or regular frying pan) until it's nice and hot.
- Scoop approximately 1/2 cup of batter into the middle of the pan, swirl it around so that there is consistent but thin coverage, and pour the rest of the batter back into the bowl. You want to do this quickly so that the crepes remain thin.
- Watch for bubbling and browning at the edges. Using a spatula to carefully flip the crepe over and cook a few seconds on other side.
- Transfer to a plate and continue to make crepes until the batter is all used up.
We filled our crepes with ham and grated cheese. You can put a crepe back in the hot pan, put in your fillings and fold your crepe into quarters. Give the cheese a bit of time to melt and then transfer to a plate. Serve with a salad and enjoy!